Questions about Shield Protector for Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RalphMac, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RalphMac macrumors member

Greetings iphone users! How's everyone? Ralph here (or RalphMac lol), I was wondering if there are any better shield protectors I can buy besides "Zagg" and "Wrapsol"? I need something that can provide very good protection and is there anything out there can protect or/cover the front camera, that would be splendid! I was looking at the SGP Crystal EX. Does that have protection for the front camera as well, and how durable is it? And are there any local retailers that sell sgp protectors? I cant seem to find the Crystal EX shield, anywhere?

Much love to everyone who provides some words of wisdom :) as I really need to buy a shield for my baby lol, Zagg is a no-go for me, as my 3g was looking like a "crap phone" after a while.

2. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

Bump, any suggestions? :)

I've looked around the other post, and found out about the

SGP oleophobic

and SGP Crystal EX

Would the Crystal EX be the way to go? Is it really scratch resistant, and does not have a cutout for the front camera?

3. JokerD macrumors member

Most durable are zagg or wrapsol type, but the SGP crystal is going to be more clear. It's not as durable.
    For more like Zagg, there is:
    bestskinsever
    clearprotector
    bodyguardz
    etc etc, but most of these are not perfectly clear.

It's up to you to decide how much protection you want vs how much clarity. You can always use a crystal or oleophobic on the front and zagg type on back and sides for protection.

4. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

So when you say its not as durable, can it be scratched easily if playing games that constantly make me push and touch the screen?

I'm really leaning towards the SGP products lol. But lets say I get the full body crystal kit. After some heavy use and time, eventually I could scratch the phone with the protection on (I mean without dropping it, or banging it)?

5. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about the double post, just was wondering if the sgp crystal ex or front shield was the way to go.

6. baller1308 macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got the oleo front from SGP and I really like it. You can barely tell that it is on. While it doesn't protect the front camera I believe it will be fine, because I am usually pretty careful.

As for using it excessively, I believe that the protectors will hold up perfectly fine for a long time.

I currently have the matte back from SGP but I'm not entirely sure if I am sold on it. The cut isn't as precise as it is with the oleo front, slight gap on bottom with matte.

7. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the advice friend, do you know if the crystal front shield doesnt have a front cutout?

8. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I think all of the SGP protectors have a cutout for the front camera now. The original revisions did not. I like NOT having one, too. Maybe you should email SGP and ask if they can still make them without.