Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muronero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Hi, I'd like to install SL on my macbook air 2.13.... but I have a couple of questions for you, who already did it...

is the "spotlight search window" still flickering during a research? (it seems a problem related with SSD machines in Leopard)

is it now warmer? colder? same?

how about the fan? Did you notice changes in the way SL use it?

battery life?

this machine with SSD is pretty snappy... is it even faster now?

please feel free to add any other relevant information i didn't cover with my questions (odd behavior, new problems, etc.)

thanks very much

M.

andrewclarke2

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2007
Wirral, UK
Hi, I'd like to install SL on my macbook air 2.13.... but I have a couple of questions for you, who already did it...

is the "spotlight search window" still flickering during a research? (it seems a problem related with SSD machines in Leopard)

is it now warmer? colder? same?

how about the fan? Did you notice changes in the way SL use it?

battery life?

this machine with SSD is pretty snappy... is it even faster now?

please feel free to add any other relevant information i didn't cover with my questions (odd behavior, new problems, etc.)

thanks very much

M.

I would have to agree that the Macbook Air feels so much more speedy with SL. However I am having a major problem now with the wireless. I can not get a good connection with SL. I have to turn off airport and then back on and my wireless works for 30 seconds or so and then I loss the ability to 'talk' to the router even though my connection says I have a good siginal. This is a mahor problem as I never had any issues with Leopard. I did a clean and install so this must be a SL issue.

My Macbook Pro developed the same problem so I returned to using Leopard on the Pro and it is fine. Very odd as I have never had any issues before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.