Questions about sorting out yellow screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thedon1, Aug 14, 2010.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

So i got my imac a few days ago, the lower part of the screen is warmer than the top. It's not really a yellow stain, more of a tint.

I personally don't have many problems with it as i don't do graphic design or anything that needs very accurate colour representation.

I was thinking about resale though. If i ever wanted to get rid of this it certainly wouldn't help my case that there is an imperfection in the screen.

I have started using the machine and so my stuff has been moved over from my old pc to this computer. Can i ask apple to just replace my screen? Do they need to send this out to china to do? Can i get a new mac from the store as a replacement and have my data transferred over by them?

Thanks

Edit: Here's a pic of the screen
    [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How bad do you guys think it is?

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

You could get them just to do the screen.. Whats the problem with getting a replacement though? You can just do a backup using time machine?

3. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, seems like a good idea.

If i have only used 200Gb of my hard drive, i assume i only need an external drive up to 200gb or does time machine use some additional space also?

I bought the computer online, would they be ok with me doing the replacement in store? Reckon i could do the yellow test instore too?

4. Btom macrumors 6502a

My assessment is posted here.

Tom B.

5. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Posted pics in the other thread as linked to above.

Any help with the back up question would be appreciated. Also any info about getting a swap in store would be helpful.