Questions About the Apple Watch 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EM2013, Sep 8, 2016.

1. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

So I've been thinking about getting an Apple Watch for a while now but was waiting for a refresh before buying one. Now that the Series 2 will be out I'm interested in buying but have some questions about it.

I'm guessing it's safe to use at the gym correct? But what about while playing basketball? (pickup basketball of course) There was a thread here about it a while back but not sure how it holds up after using it for a while. I'll probably wear a wristband over it to cover it up anyways.

So does anyone here play basketball with an AW? And how durable is it after some usage?

And what other things do you guys use the AW for?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I have not played basketball with the Watch. I own the stainless model, so it has added weight. But I do lift weights with it and it holds up fine. I would suggest one the Flueroastamer bands with the Watch.

If your purchasing the aluminum model, it's lighter for more physical activity, where the stainless has a more flashy appeal. But overall, the Watch should hold up fine with Basketball, unless of course you subject it to any type of force with concrete or so forth.

Keep in mind, the Stainless model has the saphirre display, which his great for protection from scrapes and so forth. Basketball would be fine with the Watch in my opinion.

3. EM2013 thread starter macrumors 65816

EM2013

Great that's good to hear! I think I'm going with the aluminum model and getting AppleCare with it. What other things do you use it for? Other than notifications of course

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

With the stainless model, I dress it up and down, which is nice. I use it for Weather and checking E-mails. I also use it for a stop watch feature and alarm clock. I think you will really like. Good luck.

5. EM2013 thread starter macrumors 65816

EM2013

Yeah that is nice. Thanks I'm sure I will, I'm excited for it.