Questions about the EyeTV 250 Plus?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BeSe7enTeen, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BeSe7enTeen macrumors newbie

im planning on getting this thing for xmas and was wondering about a few features on this device

my first question is, how is gaming on this device? i know there is a game mode in the software but is there a lag on gameplay at all?
    im planning on connecting my 360 to it and any lag would be an issue.
    also how would a setup work? what do i plug into and where?

i currently play my xbox through a small pc monitor using the vga cable they sell seperatly and output the games audio through garageband via the computers audio input port, and my television is no where near my computer btw

my second is, i know you can hook a tv cable into it, but how would i change the channels? (i live in connecticut btw) it dosent come with a remote right?
    and also will i be able to recieve all the channels i currently recieve on my television?
    i have standard cable like MTV and stuff
    i dont pay for digital boxes or hd channels or anything like that

also, could i record my gameplay on my 360 for like montages and stuff like that at a reasonable quality or even in hd?

hope that wasnt too confusing for you *(i have a 2008 imac)*

an answer by christmas would really help me out

thank you

2. xStep macrumors 68000

To change channels, you can use the EyeTV software that I assume comes with it.

It sounds like you have analog cable, so the tuner will act like an analog tuner in a TV set. You'll get up to 125 channels. The recordings from those channels will be in standard definition. If your cable company is broadcasting some un-encrypted HD over that cable, then the Clear QAM capability will be useful. I see it also can receive over the air digital signals. That capability depends on the signal strength and quality you receive, but is amazing when it works.

As for recording the XBox, you'll only get standard definition capability because the input is only SD. Can the XBox output to S-Video?

3. BeSe7enTeen thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think so
    but the main question I need answered is, is there any lag when using the game mode

watching tv is secondary to me I don't really care about that