Questions about the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gabe1410, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Gabe1410 macrumors newbie

So, I have a few questions to make, when you buy an iPhone 4 from the apple store, does it come with a micro sim? Do I have to transfer my phone number to the micro sim? what if I want my number back on my regular SIM card, can I do that?

2. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

When I ordered my iPhone 4 from the online Apple store, it arrived without a SIM. I had requested a new micro-SIM from my carrier; that arrived separately in a credit-card-sized card. The SIM could be broken out to either mini-SIM or micro-SIM size. I used my carrier's special web page to change my subscription from the old mini-SIM in my 3G to the new micro-SIM. Then I popped the new micro-SIM into my 4 and away I went.

I can put the new micro-SIM back into my 3G and use it without problem. I just remove it from the iPhone 4, insert it into a SIM adaptor I ordered from Micro-SIM Shop, and then insert the adaptor into my 3G. Works no problem!

My original mini-SIM is now permanently deactivated.

This may vary according to country. I'm in Canada. My iPhone 4 is unlocked; my iPhone 3G is locked to my carrier.

3. Gabe1410 thread starter macrumors newbie

so basically this is what I'm going to do... my mom's friend is gonna buy ME an iPhone 4 (cause my mom is currently a Sprint user and I'm living in brazil). He's already an Att user and he's gonna sign a new 2 year contract and pay $400 on the iPhone, but, to activate the phone you need a MICRO SIM, he's transferring his number temporally to the MICRO SIM, after activating the phone he's gonna transfer his number back to the OLD SIM, and give me the phone with the micro SIM so that I can activate whenever I have to. IS HE ALLOWED TO DO THAT? (transfer his number to another SIM, and back to the old SIM in that amount of time)

4. djgulia macrumors 6502

In the US it comes with the sim. At least mine did and I ordered from Apple.

5. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Once a sim has been programed with a number that is it. If the number is swtiched over to another sim, the original is no good anymore. Make sure he backs up his contacts first

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Is Sprint in Brazil on a GSM network? I looked real quick and it mentioned being CDMA like the US, it's not going to be supported on Sprint. also you might check how well it will work on Sprint in Brazil before mommy buys it for you. ;) one other thing I remember unlocked factory iPhones being available in Brazil why not go that route even if you have to wait a little longer.

7. Gabe1410 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol. First of all there's no sprint in brazil. my "mommy" lives in the US (I used to). I'm going to unlock it and use it on a GSM carrier called CLARO. and BTW, I think "brazilian iPhones" are not factory unlocked.

8. Gabe1410 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh... I just saw that u live in Detroit, I used to live in Plymouth,MI. My mom now lives in Canton,MI. just saying... lmao

9. Gabe1410 thread starter macrumors newbie

so, ur basically telling me that I can't really switch to another SIM and then comeback to the old one?