Questions about the White iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPadlover123, Mar 17, 2011.

1. iPadlover123 macrumors member

Few quick questions for the people that currently have the white iPad, I was looking into getting a white one, but these few things were holding me back.

1-How distracting is it to watch a movie with the white bezel? (I will be using the iPad for mostly movies and web)
    2- Does it get dirty faster compared to your black bezel on the original iPad(if you had one)
    3-Any complaints/ regrets??

Thank you guys!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

1. It's just fine in lighted areas, but in the dark, I'm not going to lie; it's really annoying. The bezel seems to glow around the device and is very distracting.
    2. No, fingerprints are far less noticeable. I have a black and white iPad 2 (black is my father's).
    3. Only #1 above.

3. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

No regrets here, same as my black for finger prints, the white is awesome I really don't watch video on here just utube.

4. Ava's Meeshee macrumors member

1 Even though it's white, it's not especially reflective so it's not distracting. It seems to dim naturally into the background
    2 It can't get dirty, it's covered in the same glass as the screen that can be wiped clean of the translucent smudges that get on it
    3 No regrets. It's gorgeous and black looks last gen to my eyes

5. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I am losing only 7 percent per hour just surfing and mail I find this better then the original iPad. How is everyone's ?

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

loving it no regrets at all. i feel like the black one got dirtier of course I had my old one in the apple case and the new one in a smart cover so that could be the different dirt wise. I also agree that black feels last gen to me. too many black ios devices. ive been waiting for a white iphone forever and will get the white 5 as soon its released.

7. JayDH macrumors 6502

1. I don't find it distracting at all. I have used it in light and dark rooms and have found that I focus on the display just as much as I did with my first gen iPad.

2. As the others have said, it is covered in glass and won't get dirty.

3. My only regret is spending so much time trying to decide between white and black. I wanted white initially but then kept second-guessing myself. Should have just went with my gut. I am very happy with it.

8. eperciva macrumors newbie

1. Not at all, I have watched tv shows in a dark room and didn't notice the bezel at all in the dark. As far as day time use I don't notice the white either, although I haven't really watched any video for an extended period of time.
    2. The only time that I ever notice fingerprints on this thing is when the screen is off. I am completely confident in saying that if that grym, fingerprint smudged bezel is a pet peeve of yours the white is your answer.
    3. Not at all. I completely lucked out getting the model I wanted (64 wifi white) on launch day without having to wait in line for mo than 20 minutes, and I could not be happier. I have been taking it with me to meetings and using it to take notes, as well as watch videos and browse the web every evening and it is just a great piece of tech. My fiancé is an android devotee who has been adamantly anti-Apple since we met, and even he admits it is a great device! That's about as close to a ringing endorsement as your gonna get!

9. iPadlover123 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for your replies! I think i'll be going with the white!

10. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Here is something to wet your whistle...

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

11. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

It seems that on the left picture, you're missing a home button. It's clearly there on the right. I'm freaking out man :D.

12. iserian macrumors 6502

Or you could always go with the one that is in stock....they are both magical.

13. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Well...

The one without the home button works via a special brain scanning app called

WTF are you thinking. It is the best app out there for this prototype ipad called the 'Maxi-Pad".

Actually it was due to a crappy photo with my IP4.:D:cool:

14. epictempo, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

epictempo macrumors regular

I've read numerous books on my white kindle and it's not even backlit. The screen is bright (I leave it at 20% too), I easily forget about the bezel when viewing it. Best part, way less fingerprints for my OCD nature.

My complaint is actually towards the smart cover itself. It falls off unintentionally sometimes. Its a bit awkward folded back and the viewing angles could be better, and no back protection. Apple needs to make the original case for the 2.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

1) It's not. I was worried about such things, but I don't even notice it. I watched some of the NCAA basketball games today without even noticing it. Reading stuff from the Web is even better because there's no contrast from white backgrounds like MacRumors and the bezel.

2) My dad has a first-gen iPad, and I have owned an iPhone, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. None of them really get dirty. I did get a little splotch on the microfiber inside my smart cover, but that's because there was crap on the table. I don't care much because it's there to protect the iPad and I can get a replacement for $39 if I need to.

3) Hell no. Target only had 64GB white models last week. I knew it would be at least three weeks if I didn't buy it. I was going for a 32GB model, so I just bit the bullet. Now I can store ALL of my photos on here, download a craptastic amount of items like magazines and comic books if I choose, throw a bunch of music and movies on here, etc. Zinio allows you to download the magazines you like, so this way I have enough space for whatever I go for. I also started a four-week subscription to The Nation for $1.99 just to try that out. If this really turns out to be a print replacement, then that space may be very necessary. I got a WiFi version because I can create a hotspot with my phone. As more apps learn that some of us would like to cache items for offline reading, the storage will become even more handy.

16. rangtang macrumors member

Would you mind telling me where you got your home screen wallpaper? I really would like to check that out and possibly use on mine :)

As for the OP's question: I love my white iPad 2 and haven't really noticed any problems at all due to the color. I have a smart cover on it, the baby blue one, and don't really place it in "dirty" situations so that hasn't been an issue. I will probably get a heavier duty case when they start rolling more options out so that I can take it out into the field with me more however.

17. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Bahahaha. Nice dude. I'm going to use that app in some of the psych research I'm doing this year...Topic: Women and sexual promiscuity :D.

18. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I saw the same wallpaper in the wallpapers thread in these forums.