Questions about unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brimoody, Jul 2, 2011.

1. brimoody macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just wanted to ask this forum about the unlimited data plan from Verizon. I spoke to a rep at one of the stores but I don't have much confidence in her answer. In a nutshell: I am already on an unlimited plan. I currently own a Droid Incredible. Heard a rumor that Verizon would drop your unlimited plan if you switched to an iPhone when you upgraded if you already had a Droid and vice versa. Anyone hear anything on this? I plan on waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out to make the switch but if my plan is going to change I would get an iPhone 4 now so I would stay locked in. Thanks.

2. 2ndname macrumors member

So the rep is telling you that since you have a Droid when you switch to an iPhone 5 you will NOT be grandfathered in BUT if you buy an iPhone 4 now you will? I call BS and check with a different rep. That sounds like a sales pitch for you to fork over cash for the iPhone 4.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

sounds to me like someone is trying to get her commission.

5. brimoody thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured that too. I'm going to call the store again and see what a different rep says. I'd kick myself if I didn't go Iphone now and lost my data plan for getting one after July 7th!