questions about upcoming iPhone 4 purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mightypants, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mightypants macrumors newbie

I own the 3GS and plan to purchase iPhone 4. Two questions:

1. I want to do the RadioShack trade-in, but have gotten ambiguous information about trade-in values. The Radioshack twitter account states that any iPhone 3GS in good working condition will trade in for $200 if done so by 7/25. However, when I went into the store I was told my trade-in value is currently $194.95 and would likely go down between now and the launch of the iPhone 4 (though not below $180). There is nothing wrong with my phone and in fact no actual appraisal took place, he just looked up 16GB Black iPhone 3GS and told me the trade-in value. Was that guy just on crack? Am I guaranteed a $200 dollar trade-in as long as the phone has no cracks or water damage?

2. RadioShack can't transfer my phone data at the time of trade-in, so how can I do this? Is it as simple as using a backup from my iTunes sync?

Thanks.

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

1. whatever the guy is willing to offer you and what it is worth, if you don't like the price you can either try a different store or just sell it on ebay. you are almost certain to be lowballed big time if you do a trade in

2. yes, all you have to do is backup to itunes