Questions about Windows 8.1 or 7 on Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by HighTime, Dec 25, 2014.

1. HighTime macrumors member

Hello all,

Thankfully moving over from a PC to an iMac which is en route, so just want to get things ready for when it arrives.

My questions are about using Parallels 10 on the Mac. I have a Dell which has Windows 8.1 on it and I am currently creating an ISO of it in order to install it on the Mac [I know, I have to, I have no choice]. My question is do you guys think it's better to install Windows 7 instead, which I also have? I mean, Windows 8 seemed to crash a lot and I'm wondering if it will do the same on the iMac which will drive me crazy, although I'm thinking I bet it will run better on the iMac than it did on the Dell! Is Windows 7 less resource hungry? I want the least amount of 'Windows' that I can put on there, and the faster lighter version, I'm already doing this out of necessity.

Thanks.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I have found Windows 7 and Windows 8 to be comparable in terms of performance and resource usage. You should load whatever OS you have a legal license to and you feel more comfortable working in.

3. HighTime thread starter macrumors member