Questions before I buy- need help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joemama, Aug 9, 2009.

1. joemama macrumors 6502

So now that my wife and I are about purchase 2 iPhones, we went to the ATT store and some questions came up. I would like go activate tomorrow so any feedback would be appreciated. Here goes:

1.) Is it better to get the 700/min Family plan or 2 separate 450/min individual plans? (We get 15% of as teachers, but were told it only applies to the main person on the family plan).

2.) If we go with 2 separate plans, does each account get extra things billed that would only get charged once with the family plan? (subscriber fee, fcc fee, etc)

3.) Is MMS REALLY coming out and will it be included under the $5 for 200 texts a month?

4.) Should I get a better deal or something off because I am purchasing 2 x 32GB iphones?

5.) Is there any other advice you would like to give?

THank you very much in advance!

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

1. There is a 550 min family plan. You can only have 3 people on it, and you usually have to specifically ask for it (or it might only be available in some areas). A family plan is always going to be cheaper than two individual plans. The second line will only show as $9.99 so the discount will be off the rest. (Although, our discount is actually taken off everyone's line...).

3. MMS will be coming, we just don't know when. It will be included in any messaging plan. If you have a messaging plan, then mms and sms are billed as the same thing.

4. No.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

1 discuss it with the AT&T rep see if you or the wife can get a Fan discount from your work.

2 can't answer myself sine I am on a AT&T individual acct. go to AT&T web site you can play with different plans and options.

3. someday maybe we hope soon but who really knows maybe the AT&T rep will show you secrete papers.

4. doubt it not really that big of a deal to AT&T but hey ask

5. do a little research on the AT&T site before you go right down your questions . also don't forget you can say $25 maybe $50 by signing up as refereed. both parties benefit. if you don't know anybody with at&t I can help just pm. the main thing I would say read before you go that way you know what you are signing a contract.