Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
1. For those of you using Meebo/any other IM service on the iPhone...does each IM count as a text message? If so I think that kinda sucks.

2. Does the email app on the iphone only work with the mail client on the mac?, I mean can I set it up so it uses my school email or something for all outgoing messages?

Thanks :) hopefully someone can answer these before I go spend 600 on a new phone :D

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
1. No. if you access meebo or another site via safari, it does not count as a text message

2. No. if you know the SMTP settings you can use just about mail account.

switchy

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
It doesn't count as a text message until Apple or ATT decides to filter network traffic for specific packets traveling to and from meebo's servers ;)

doyouknowv

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
1. For those of you using Meebo/any other IM service on the iPhone...does each IM count as a text message? If so I think that kinda sucks.

No, but if you're connected to Meebo sending messages over EDGE you won't be able receive phone calls... so forget the whole "it's a phone and you can look at the internet" thing they've sold unless you're on WiFi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.