Questions before I make a purchase...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cahamilton, Oct 14, 2008.

1. cahamilton macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Just a little intro first. Im a student and have been considering purchasing an iMac for some time now. Its come to the point were I'm debating whether to get a 24" imac or 20". Main problem that is holding me back is the clear jump in screen size and whether it will be worth the extra £100 or so for the extra 4". I also read something about some screens on some of these iMacs having washed out colours. Is this still true for the April 2008 releases? All the articles I read about it on, seem to point at the 2007 models.

And from personal experience, what would people reccomend? 20" or 24"?

2. G5power macrumors 6502

I have a 20 inch iMac in my office and so I've spent a fair amount of time looking at that size scree. At home I had a 24" Dell monitor connected to a mini.

When I decided to get an iMac at home a few months ago, it was an easy call and I went with the 24" iMac.

The extra screen size is great for whatever you are working on. Plus if you plan to keep the iMac for several years you will be really glad that you went with the bigger display.

3. Awesome Bar macrumors newbie

Pay the extra and get the 24". I have the 24 and it seems "normal" now. My sister has the 20 inch and it looks like a portable telly sitting next to a 60 inch plasma!

You won't regret it.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Go the 24 inch. Trust me.

ALso when people say there are problems with washed out colors 100% of the time (unless the monitor doesnt turn on) its a profile issue and can be corrected through software that comes with the machine.

5. cahamilton thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may just go for the 24". I've just walking into town (and back in the pouring rain), looked in every electrical store possible and couldnt find a single iMac display lol.

I might just take the chance and purchase the 24". I just check the store then and it seems like its down. I read theres a chance of new MacBooks coming out today, which sounds pretty cool. Guess I'll have to wait for it to re-open