Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devapps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2015
--Hello,

We develop mobile applications for both iOS as Android.
We would like to know how it goes for purchases in multilingual Apps.

For example, I market an application that costs € 1 to the Europe ...
How it will be for other countries? For example in England, Canada,
USA, Qatar, Pakistan, India etc ... In one hand knowing that my visual presentation there will be the price as you can see here:

http://s17.postimg.org/6tdhefkpb/price.jpg

In the other hand we want to know if it is possible to set the price of our apps depending to countries and the purchasing power of the citizens of that country or is there in other process?

Thank you.

Last edited:

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi,

I believe that in-app purchases behave in the same way as app purchases.

If so, then it's not possible to have different pricing for different countries. On the Mac App Store, you set app prices by 'Tier'. For example, there's Tier 1, Tier 2 etc. At the time of writing, Tier 1 equates to £0.79, Tier 2 equates to £1.49. How that relates to other currencies is Apple's call. It's more or less a straight conversion into the appropriate currency for other markets, although there is some variance which I guess is probably down to local taxes and other financial necessities.

Hope that's of some help, and I applaud your idea of charging less where people can afford less!

Devapps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2015
Hello,

Well, we thank you very much for your response, we want to tell you sir that we are not a developer and we need to your help if you want this is our skype: devapps.mobile if it is possible to enlighten us, we are gratful for your response once again.

Thank you.

Best Regards

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Definitely fishy, odd choice of skype name and MR username if they aren't app developers...perhaps a crude attempt to penetrate the app store app safetynet...must go, my Nigerian Uncle has just called about some lost $$$...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.