QUESTIONS: Entourage Experts, please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nutsnbolts, Nov 23, 2009.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

I have decided to use Entourage over Mail due to it's robustness and more features than I can possibly ever use. :)

Here the question:

I am coming from a PC using Outlook 2007. I have done my research on how to get my mail off my Outlook and importing it into Entourage.

Fine, great and dandy. I haven't performed it yet but I have a couple of questions before running with this.

1. I have MobileMe account. Installing that into Entourage was relatively easy. Done.

2. Installing a new "mail" account (POP or IMAP), I'm going to assume is the same way BUT if I install this, will it mix with my MobileME? What I am expecting to see is that it would store separately in it's own section. What is right?

3. When I import my converted Outlook 2007 pst file into ENtourage, will it recreate the same folder structures I had in outlook 2007 or will it dump everything into one folder...unorganized?

Please help

2. pdoc macrumors newbie

Good luck I was using Entourage for ages then got an iphone and had so many issue i went back to mail

3. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you elaborate as to what issues you were having? I'm still toying with Entourage.

I have 3 pop3 accounts which I want to use Entourage with and a ME account which is already functioning.

Before I start adding POP3 accoutns, I want to make sure I don't mix all my POP3 accounts together. I rather have separate inbox for each.

4. Xenious macrumors 6502a

2) No it will not mix them. Your IMAP accounts will show up as separate inboxes. Any POP mail you setup will of course be downloaded into one single inbox and removed from the server.

3) Not sure here, I never got it working (or the tools didn't exist) when I converted to entourage. I assume if the conversion works it would preserve the folder content.