Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickyno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hi all. I preordered my iPhone 4s last Friday. I did have a Droid Incredible, but the screen was not strong enough to withstand my seismic throwing of it across a room two weekends ago. I now have a samsung flip phone, so it's safe to assume I can't wait to get my iPhone.

I was wondering though. When will my card be charged for the iPhone? I bought a Walmart Money card to buy the phone and put $325 on it. I believe I had a $20 bonus for upgrading and my final total in my emails invoice is $318. However I fear that I'll be charged for more then whats on the card. So did anyone else get a total of $317.99?

Also the next question is more shipping related. I ordered through Verizon. I hear that they use FedEx? Is that true, and can I expect my phone on launch day. My email says: "Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11.". However my order status says expedited ship date: 10/14/11.

Thanks for any help.

MattLafferty

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
New Jersey
Which phone did you get, in terms of hard drive space?

As for shipping/arrival, if you made it under the cut (and with them referring to 10/14 so much, it sounds like you did), then I'd assume it will arrive on the 14th.

I'd expect somewhere around Tuesday you'll hear it's leaving China.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
Typically when my brother gets a new phone sent from Verizon its FedEx but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what the preorders will use.

nickyno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Lol, thanks guys. Yes I'm getting an Otterbox too, but I'm going to wait to the whole "will the iphone4 box work with the 4s" fiasco is over before I buy one.

I purchased the white 32gb model.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone knows this yet. ATTs phone works with HSDPA. I also heard that the 4S has two antennas. Will I be able to put my phone on roam, and connect to HSDPA where available?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Lol, thanks guys. Yes I'm getting an Otterbox too, but I'm going to wait to the whole "will the iphone4 box work with the 4s" fiasco is over before I buy one.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone knows this yet. ATTs phone works with HSDPA. I also heard that the 4S has two antennas. Will I be able to put my phone on roam, and connect to HSDPA where available?

Who do you have service with? If you have AT&T, you will be able to take advantage of HSDPA. But Sprint & Verizon do not have roaming agreements with AT&T (as it wouldn't make sense for them to do so anyway)

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008

it will, if its designed to fit the verizon iPhone 4. Apple is selling their bumpers for use with the new iPhone, so unless the camera has been subtly shifted (and iSkin seems to be banking on it not, as they're now marketing all their cases as iPhone 4s cases), it will be fine.

Though i guess that means its still smart to wait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.