questions for Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zoran, Oct 13, 2011.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Is there someway i can chat through Adium with friends (with hotmail emails) using my yahoo messenger?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Huh? You want to chat to hotmail contacts through Adium through Yahoo Messenger? That doesn't make any sense.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

well why not? i have a yahoo email that is my main one and then i have many friends on msn accounts, cant i ever chat with them through Adium?

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Adium is just an application that will allow you to log in directly to various services (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, etc). So in order to chat with your friends via MSN Messenger, you'll need to create an MSN Messenger account of your own, then use Adium to log in to that account. Once you have an account, then yes, you can use Adium with the MSN Messenger service.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

but how can msn messenger chat with yahoo accounts?

6. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

It's impossible. That's why I'm saying you'll need to register for an MSN Messenger account. Once you have an account there, in Adium you can be logged in to Yahoo and MSN at the same time and it's pretty seamless.

7. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Actually that is not true, msn can chat with yahoo, you simply need to add them. I can tell you with experience it works, actually right as I write this I am chatting with my buddy on yahoo via my hotmail account.

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

exactly, thats what i was expecting from Adium to do, to be able to chat to friends that have different "web based mail". :eek: