Questions for Current iPad 3 Owners

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Koda650, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Koda650 macrumors newbie

I just bought my first iPad today, which is a refurbished iPad 3. After spending the better part of my day here on this forum I noticed a lot of people were saying their iPad 3 is slow and shouldn't have been released in the state that it was in.

Are these just exaggerations, or would I truly benefit from spending the extra $120 for the A6X processor?

I plan on using it for media consumption, browsing, and educational purposes (mainly flash cards, etc...) If I have no plans on playing games on it, am I missing anything by buying an iPad 3 vs iPad 4? I understand that both the CPU and GPU are twice as fast, but is the iPad 3 slow enough to warrant a speed increase? I know no one here has used the A6X processor yet, but please let me know if you think your iPad 3 is too slow.

2. ffohwx macrumors member

I've had my iPad 3 since day 1 and in no way do I think it is slow.

3. eldridchapman macrumors newbie

Yes the ipad 3 is by no means slow.

The hardware is good enough to perform well for at least 1 year plus

4. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

sometimes it takes me half a second to open an app, just terrible . my life will not be complete without the NEW NEW IPAD

5. jrtdot macrumors member

6. skidbubble macrumors 6502

As of today, the iPad 3 is now archaic, antiquated and out of date. I say this with experience, as this response is being typed on one. It is no longer the "latest and greatest". Should one decide to get the iPad 4, they run the risk of Apple releasing an iPad 5 a few months down the road. Only each individual user can decide if it is worth it to try to stay on top.

7. Vizin, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013