Questions for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lozza105, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Lozza105 macrumors newbie

Last week I dropped my iPhone 4 in the bath. It's dead as a doornail (not surprisingly!) Thankfully I'm covered for my home insurance with only a $100 excess (and since the assessment cost me $75 I'll only lose $25 out of the payout) Now I'm almost due for a new phone so I rang my phone company and I'm getting a new 4s which I'm somewhat happy about (was going to wait for the 5 but I can't see a huge difference)

Since I'm going to have this money from insurance I was considering getting an iPad 2. But I've been reading that a new iPad 3 is coming. Is it worth waiting for the new one to come out, or as a total newb to iPads (but not iPhones) will I not really notice a difference? All I can see is that the rumours are that the retina display will be different.

I'm also wanting to know the best cover for the iPad. I saw the BookBook and fell in love but in Australia it's $89 which is a LOT. Is it worth spending more or getting a 'cheapy' (which is still around $30)

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I would get the iPad 2 now. If the current iPad does everything out want, there is no reason to wait.

3. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Get it now. Whether an iPad comes out in February or April, nobody knows for sure. Why wait so many months, when you can get one now and enjoy it until then? Besides, you can always sell your iPad 2 for a good price (since it'll only be a few months old with at least 7 months of warrantee left on it) and use that money towards the new one, if you want to upgrade.

As for which case to buy, I recommend THIS ONE. I have it on mine and it is awesome. The pictures do it no justice -- just read the reviews. :)