Questions for new iPod nano and classic owners

Discussion in 'iPod' started by shunpike, Sep 10, 2007.

1. shunpike macrumors regular

just thought i'd make a list of all the questions i have for new iPod owners:

1. Can you turn off the new UI?
    2. How glitchy is coverflow - does it lag?
    3. Is coverflow useable on playlists etc?
    4. What are the new games like on the nano?
    5. Are the old games still there?
    6. What is video like on the new nano?

If anyone can think of any others add them - anyone who knows the answers please answer!

thanks
    Shunpike

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I'm sure we'll be getting *lots* of commentary and reviews around these parts in the coming weeks......

3. Cheesecake macrumors member

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more review-type material on the new iPod Classic line. Mine will be here within a few days and I hope to write up a full review as soon as I can. I could sure use some reading material on these new iPods to help make the wait a little shorter, though. :)

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I have the nano, so I'll try to answer your questions for that device.
    1. I didn't really look specifically for this, but I don't remember seeing anywhere to turn it off. Give the new UI ia try, though, you might like it. I do.
    2. I wouldn't say it lags, it's just not quite as smooth as it is in iTunes. I didn't think it was a big deal, though. It's still perfectly usable.
    3. I believe coverflow works only for album view.
    4. The games are cool. They include the iQuiz, Klondike Solitaire, and Vortex games from the iTunes games store. They're nice and smooth, no lag or anything.
    5. No old games, just those three.
    6. The video is great. I thought it would be hard to see on that small screen, but they made it nice and sharp so you could see it better. I still had to hold the nano a little closer to my face than I did with my 5G video iPod, but overall I was impressed.

5. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I know, it feels like not counting the iPod Touch, they rest of these were kind of released and we were told a few specs but there's still many unanswered questions.

I think the UI stuff, especially, is still a real mystery...