Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LilMissSunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
I really just started using my laptop (for college) and need help with some of things.

1. How do I copy and paste a photo from the internet? I tried dragging and dropping, but it doesn't work.

2. How come my screen saver won't come on? When my laptop sleeps a black screen shows up, not the screen saver.

3. On my windows computer I could right click a word I misspelled in firefox and options of new words would would show up, but how can I do that on my mac? Someone said clicking with two fingers (or something like that) works... but it didn't...

Thanks. :)

Retired
May 16, 2006
System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Trackpad

Then do this:
picture2e67ce.png

You can then right-click by tapping on the trackpad with two fingers, and choose copy, or right click a misspelled word. I recommend Safari over Firefox (with Inquisitor).

Have you set a screensaver and settings for it in system preferences?

P.S.: Instead of :), put the : and ( the other way around to produce :)

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
I really just started using my laptop (for college) and need help with some of things.

1. How do I copy and paste a photo from the internet? I tried dragging and dropping, but it doesn't work.

2. How come my screen saver won't come on? When my laptop sleeps a black screen shows up, not the screen saver.

3. On my windows computer I could right click a word I misspelled in firefox and options of new words would would show up, but how can I do that on my mac? Someone said clicking with two fingers (or something like that) works... but it didn't...

Thanks. :)

1. right click (ctrl click) then ctrl click paste unless you want to save the photo then right click save

2. it goes to sleep to save power, if you want your screen saver on change the options in pref pane

3. are you using firefox on mac or safari? and hold ctrl when you click to right click on stuff, if you want the 2 finger click change it in preference pannel

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
First of click the blue apple at the top, then go into system preferences then click on Keyboard & Mouse, then click on trackpad and then check the boxes for clicking and tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click.

You will now feel a bit more at home!!

1. Tap your two fingers when on the image, then click on copy image

2. This is in the system preferences again, under screen saver you need to drag the slider to a time that is less then when the Mac will go to sleep. The time the Mac will go to sleep is under the energy saving icon. Basically your mac is going to sleep before the screen saver can start.

3. Instal Firefox for Mac, then that option might be available, I use only Safari so thats the best I can say on that!!

Hope that helps!!! :)

LilMissSunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Thanks guys!!! I got the right click thing now. And yeah I know about the smiley, but I don't like it so I do. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.