Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalixa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Hello. I have some questions concerning the ipod touch.

1. How do I drag individual tracks to the ipod, instead of just syncing everything?

2. Can I have Bookmarks Bar in Safari?

3. Can I use the iPod as a disc drive?

Thank You.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
1. import your music into iTunes library, then you can drag it to your iPT

2, no
3, no

for 2&3, see if hacks help.

recover82

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
~/
Hello. I have some questions concerning the ipod touch.

1. How do I drag individual tracks to the ipod, instead of just syncing everything?
When you dock your iPod touch to your iTunes, in the left hand column under Devices click on your iPod touch and there is an option to manually manage your music. Just look, you'll see it.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
open up itunes, click 'HELP' then iTunes help, then you will see 'sync your ipod'
step by step instructions on auto or manual settup of ipod. amongst other helpful things.

SuperDaddy

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
Middle Earth
I was able to sync my bookmark bar from my MacBook safari to my touch safari using iTunes.

Connect iPod to computer, open iTunes, click on your iPod in left column, select the tab furthest to the right, scroll down a bit and look for the bookmark sync option with safari.

Your bookmark bar will then show up in your bookmark button on your ipod touch safari.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
to manually add mp3 files i just drag the songs from window explorer into the "ipod touch" under "devices" on the left hand side. i did not have to add to itunes first.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
to manually add mp3 files i just drag the songs from window explorer into the "ipod touch" under "devices" on the left hand side. i did not have to add to itunes first.

really? you sure?

I didn't try it on my windows box, but I know its not possible to drag mp3 from OSX's finder to iPT, heck, there won't be any iPT device in finder at all.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
really? you sure?

I didn't try it on my windows box, but I know its not possible to drag mp3 from OSX's finder to iPT, heck, there won't be any iPT device in finder at all.

You drag the file from Finder onto the iPT *in iTunes* and it should put it on the iPT without adding it to the iTunes library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.