Questions from potential IP4 buyer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by historicus, Aug 11, 2010.

1. historicus macrumors newbie

1. What's the best way to order one? From the order status thread I'd say from an ATT Store, non-premier, right?

2. How much space can I expect to use on apps if I have a moderate to large amount of them? Anyone who has a 16gb, do you find you're juggling HD space?

3. If I order online, does it come with a microSIM or do I need to go to an ATT store to get one/get activated?

4. If I order from an ATT Store, does it get shipped to the store and I go pick it up, or is it shipped to my house?

Thanks.

2. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

3. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

#1) Don't know I'm Canadian so I'm not familiar with how AT&T's order process works.

#2) I use about 2.5GB in apps, and I have tons of them. Don't worry, apps wont ever take up too much space. But I do juggle HD space because I record LOTS of video.

#3) Mine came with a Rogers Microsim, I'm sure yours will come with an AT&T one.

#4) Check answer for #1.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Wouldn't worry about the capacity unless you're a heavy user. 16 gb is more than enough for most people, even if you record videos. It really depends on how you use it though.

If you order online, it will come with the SIM. All you have to do is activate it by plugging into itunes.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'd like to add to this by saying that the apps you download don't really take up that much room. The majority of the spaced used is for your music/videos. If you don't have a ton of music/videos on your phone then 16gb will be plenty.

6. Centient macrumors 6502

1. Order online.

2. The rule of thumb for storage applies. More = better. I've got 16gb and I do find myself concerned about storage space. I have a large music collection, and use the camera/recorder alot. I knew at the time I should have popped the extra $100 for 32gb and regret not doing so.

3. Comes with microsim installed.

4. I believe if you order from the store you will have to pick up in store. At least this is what I was told by one store employee prior to the pre-order. Ordered online so I can't attest to how the actual in store purchase experience plays out.