Questions on further education discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Scarzy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Scarzy macrumors newbie

hi, i start 6th form college in a few days (im 16).
    and I want to get the 13" macbook pro.
    1) Do I qualify for the futher education discount as on apple chat the woman said i had to be 18, but futher education is 16-18 year olds. i know i dont qualify for higher education.

2) If i walk into the southampton apple store to buy a MBP, and say i am starting college or am at college depending on when i buy, would they give me the futher education discount.

3) Do I need any ID, or my college acceptance letter to proof i am attending college?

4) Roughly what percent do i get off? or how much is a MBP 13" with FE discount?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

2. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

If you log into the Apple store it will ask which College you are going to in order to find out if you qualify. Click on Education Store and follow the prompts. Your parents should be able to get the discount for you if you are not 18.

3. ddiogyn macrumors member

You may be able to purchase via the online FE/College store (http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing) using a computer within your sixth-form's computer network, and only then if your college has taken part in the Apple Education Agreement.

If you were to go in store i believe they'd want to see some form of ID - a letter of acceptance should be okay, since they also accept UCAS acceptance notifications.

4. Scarzy thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i rung up the store and they said an acceptance letter and passport to proove i wa sthe one to get accepted would be fine, and the discount percentage on a MBP 13" was 13%, which means it would cost £783, which makes it more appealing. The reason i wanted a mac was because of the hope it may last me 4 years maybe 5, with a RAM upgrades and maybe an SSD in a couple of years. I didnt want to have to buy 2 windows machines to last the same amount of time as a macbook pro. althought my current desktop - dell dimension 4700 is now 8 years old and going strong without any upgrades :confused:
    Anways thanks for the help guys, will make the trip to southampton at the weekend :D