Questions on getting a new MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gigman, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. Gigman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #1
    I understand that there is already a thread on this below, but my situation is a little different than his *puts on flame retardant suit*. I have been waiting for a new MacBook for some time now. Currently I am still saving to buy it. I was really hopeful for a price drop, aluminum enclosures, and a speed bump. I got the speed bump, but not much else. The Santa Rose is great, 4 gigs of ram and a slight efficiency boost if I am correct. Considering all this, what do all you guys recommend. Save up now and get it asap, or wait and purchase a better version (not the 'first level' if you know what I mean) of the new(er) MacBook? For me the main deal breaker is the crappy "combo Drive" that the base model ships with. When is the next revision expected? I am perfectly happy with my current set-up now, so waiting some time is not a problem.
    Thanks for all your help
    -Ian
     
  2. maestro55 macrumors 68030

    maestro55

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Location:
    Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
    #2
    If you are still saving and you don't mind waiting till you get the money than I suggest waiting until you can get the higher end white MacBook or even the black if you want it. If you are happy with what you have now then there is no reason to rush into getting something that doesn't have all the features you want.
     
  3. extraextra macrumors 68000

    extraextra

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Location:
    California
    #3
    I would wait if you are content with your current set-up. It's easy to fall into the "I'm going to wait till something better comes" trap, and get stuck waiting forever, never satisfied with any updates because "something better" is "coming soon".

    You sound like you know exactly what you want, so wait it out. I'm not sure if the Macbooks will get a new case so soon, but the combo drive will be phased out... eventually. XD
     
  4. MarsianMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    #4
    I bought my last laptop thinking I wouldn't care about the combo drive, but it bothered me so much I had to replace it. I don't think you have that option on a MacBook, so I would definitely wait.
     
  5. viperguy macrumors 6502

    viperguy

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    #5
    Super drive is available on both mid and high end macbooks. :apple:
     
  6. Gigman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #6
    Ok, Well that seems to make sense. I do understand that I am posting on a MacRumors fourm, but do any of you have an idea of when we might be seeing a new update? I hear MWSF, does anyone know when this is? Also, any ideas of the new updates, or just speculation.
    Thanks for the help
    -Ian
     
  7. Gigman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #7
    I'm hearing about MacBook Pro updates coming soon (MWSF) Is the MacBook going to be updated too? Or just the pro?
    -Ian
     

Share This Page