Questions on iCloud & unlocking phone/going to another country

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anewfoundsin, Feb 20, 2014.

1. anewfoundsin macrumors member

So if I unlock my iPhone 5, and take my phone to another country and insert a different sim card (that countrys' sim card), what happens to my existing apps and data on my phone? Does it all stay there? Obviously apps and data (Notes, Calendar, etc) isn't being backed up because it does not have iCloud or Apple Sim card, or does it? And once I come back to USA and insert my original AT&T Sim Card, will my new data override my existing data on my phone or will it go back to the way it was?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The only thing it changes is your cellular service. It has absolutely nothing to do with the apps or information on your phone.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Tyler23 is correct. You can swap sim cards as many times as you'd like and all our content on your phone will remain intact. The only thing it changes is your cellular provider.

4. anewfoundsin thread starter macrumors member

So say I take 100 photos and come back to USA, will iCloud automatically sync the 100 photos?

And the apps that I already downloaded, I can use them in the other country, right? lol

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes..the only thing that changes is how you connect to the cellular network. Nothing else is effected.