Questions on iPhone + .Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GuillaumeB, Aug 13, 2007.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hi all,

so I may get an iPhone when it comes out in France, however I have some questions about how it works with .Mac

- Address Book and calendar:
    Right now i can sync my Sony Ericsson W810i to my mac and have my Mac sync with .Mac.
    Does the iPhone allow you skip the sync to mac process and directly sync with .Mac or will I have to do the same?

- Email
    On my cellphone i an set up an IMAP account, However I don't think it is real IMAP since it only download messages from the inbox. I have other folder on .Mac Mail but they do not show up.
    When using email on my iPhone will I see my different folders? More importantly, how does the iPhone mail client manage a folder that has several thousand of messages? Does it download everything to the point where it could saturate the phone memory?

- Finally is there a way to access the iDisk on the iPhone?

What other ? Mac integration do you think are worth mentioning?

Thank you

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Currently you have to sync it through iTunes. Im personally hoping this changes in the future.

If you add the folders through .mac's mail or via mail onn your Mac you will see them on your computer and on your iPhone. Its 100% real IMAP. Most likely you have set up folders in your Mail app on your computer not on the account (try adding a new folder and it will ask for a Location - select on your .mac account name)

There is no way yet. There is no file browser on the iPhone.

3. cquaade macrumors newbie

Manage folder in IMAP?

On my iPhone, I have successfully set up IMAP with Mac.web, with Gmail, and with Exchange at my office. I see all the folders that I have created on my computer for those accounts. However, to avoid clutter on my iPhone screen, I would like to sync -- and see -- only a limited number of these folders. How can this be managed? I've used DataViz' RoadSync on my earlier Nokia N73, where I in the client could choose what folders to sync. This I'm not able to find for IMAP on the iPhone.

Any clues?

Kindly
    Christian

4. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

do you think that .mac mail users will be able to use push email soon on the iphone?