Questions on iPhoto and picture preview options

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by teflon, Jun 22, 2007.

1. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

I got my macbook couple weeks ago, and so far it's been great. :D However, there's one problem: i like to collect icons/dps (i know, it's weird), and before on my windows laptop, i just put them into a folder and select the "picture" option for the folder. That way every time i open the folder, i can see all my icons displayed. But on my mb, there doesn't seem to be that option and all my icons only displays the standard preview icon thing :confused: . Does anyone know how to change the folder options?
    Secondly, whenever i import pictures from another folder on my computer to iPhoto, does it duplicate the photo or just use the copy that already exists on the computer? I don't want the same picture to exist twice and take up twice the space.

2. 66217 Guest

In Finder right click and select "Show View Options". Then select "Show icon preview".

As for iPhoto, there is an option in preferences for it not to copy your photos again to the iPhoto directory. But I would recommend making iPhoto organize your photos in Finder and just use iPhoto for viewing photos. Is much like iTunes, forget about the photo files, just organize and view them within iPhoto.

The Golden Rule for using iPhoto is to not mess with the photos in Finder.

3. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon