Questions on new 4s set up

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
Iam up the part where I need to enter an apple I'd or create a new one. This is my sons phone so I am ok for him to use my account but I don't want his apps ending up on my phone. If we share an apple Id will I get his apps?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Iam up the part where I need to enter an apple I'd or create a new one. This is my sons phone so I am ok for him to use my account but I don't want his apps ending up on my phone. If we share an apple Id will I get his apps?
Yes, if you share the ID, you're very likely to get all his apps and music downloaded to your phone if you have the iCloud syncing on or if the settings in iTunes are set to do so.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You can turn off autodownload, under settings, store. Then just install the apps and stuff you want.

Benchtech

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Are you syncing to the same computer? As long as you have automatic downloads turned off you won't get the apps, but if you sync to the same iTunes and have 'Sync all apps' turned on you'll get them regardless of which account you use.