Questions on rMBP 15" Mid 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DivineCake, Aug 12, 2014.

1. DivineCake macrumors newbie

Hi, I would like to ask the ff:
    1. Are you experiencing any random system freezes?(touchpad and keyboard is not responding). I am experiencing random freezes. Just got the unit today, luckily I can have it unit replaced within 1 week's time.
    2. Are you able to successfully USB Tether an android phone using Horndis? Planning to Tether my Galaxy S4 to it, but the phone's not getting detected.

Thanks for the inputs. My first time to get a Mac and is deeply saddened with the random freezes. :(

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Random freezes are not normal. Take it to an Apple store and have the unit looked at.

3. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Bring it back. I've experienced occasional crashes on my macs. Typically only happens when running weird and faulty prototype hardware (probably not the case for most people), or when the computer is under an insane load. But especially on a new computer something's wrong if you're getting unresponsiveness in the keyboard and trackpad.

4. DivineCake thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I think it is related to this?https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5569288

Occasional hangups are happening for just 5-10 sec. where the cursor is not moving when I move the touchpad. But the mac is not crashing entirely.

It's odd though, cause the case was with the late 2013 model, I'm surprised that it is apparently still happening to the new mid 2014 models..

5. DivineCake thread starter macrumors newbie

On the otherhand, I replicated the hanging whenever I'm plugging my Galaxy S4 through USB, after which the keyboard and touchpad becomes unresponsive for 5-10 seconds which occurs for around 3 times within 5 minutes' time.

A quick Google search says that it is caused by Android File Transfer (AFT) but I do not have it installed, aside from HornDis which I also got rid of already.

With how things are, I'm thinking of getting the 1 week unit replacement after which I'll test plugging the S4 immediately.