Questions on selling 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buc, Jun 22, 2010.

1. buc macrumors member

So...should be picking up the I4 in a day or two. Want to sell my 3G - have a few questions:

1) I assume you restore the phone to factory settings via Itunes before selling?

2)Should i jailbreak or just sell as-is? I'm also holding off on upgrading to the new IOS because it seems some people having issues on the 3G (I haven't jailbroken before but am "ok" at figuring that kind of stuff out. Not sure how complicated it is).

3)My phone is an 8-gig with a small crack in the back bottom of the case. I've had it naked for 2 years outside of the screen protector, so back looks a little worn as well. Will this bring value way down or are cases relatively easy/cheap to replace?

thanks

2. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

1) Pretty sure that you can do it in the phone settings also [Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings], but that could work also

2) Jailbreaking (and unlocking) would really help the value go up. It would only take 5 minutes, and should net you at least $30 extra dollars. Don't quote me on the $30 extra dollars thing though. Quick google search for redsn0w should make it quicker.

3) Back cases are pretty expensive, but people probably won't mind as much as you think. A lot of people will buy cases for the phone anyways. At most, it would offset the jailbreaking profit.