Questions on selling JB 3GS after deciding to keep iP 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4nortons, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. 4nortons macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    #1
    I'm currently using a Blackrain JB'n 3GS on 3.1.2 with old bootrom. My new iPhone4 is coming tomorrow and I'd like to use it on a trial basis to see if it warrants trading up from the 3GS (keeping my 3GS in case I decide not to keep the iPHone4). Can I just deactivate the 3GS and start using the iPhone4 but then be able to deactivate the iPhone4 if I don't like it and reactivate my 3GS and keep the jailbreak intact?

    Or should I wipe the 3GS and rejailbreak it before I activate the iP4, and be able to reactivate the 3GS later or resell it on eBay?

    Also, if I have to install iTunes 9.2 to use the iP4 will 9.2 be compatible with my JB'n 3GS if I decide to go back?:confused:

    Thanks for any insight.
     
  2. tctony macrumors 6502a

    tctony

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    #2
    When you get your iP4, simply activate it. However, should you decide to go back to the 3GS, you will need some sort of sim adaptor to put the microsim in the 3GS, since your old SIM won't work anymore. (I'm pretty sure this is the case, at least.)

    When you activate your iP4, your 3GS just won't work as a phone anymore. Jailbreak will still be in tack.

    To sell it, you can upgrade to 4.0 via jailbreak train and keep both the jailbreak and unlock.

    To upgrade to 4.0, I believe you can just put the phone in DFU mode, and restore to custom 4.0 via pwnage tool. Be sure to not upgrade your baseband. Then go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w v.93.
     
  3. theman510 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 13, 2009
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #3
    Upgrade using the Pwnage tool. I was in the same scenario and shipped out my 3GS to the ebay buyer yesterday. It took like 10 minutes. I was JB on 3.0.
     

Share This Page