Questions on selling my macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by paulsdub, Oct 23, 2008.

1. paulsdub macrumors newbie

So... way back in july i got a macbook pro for graduation. Great computer. However, I have found that me justifying my need for a macbook pro, ( " oh i'm going to be working with photoshop and illustrator, also you know final cut pro so I'm really going to need the power!"... i wanted to be cool) has now become outdated and unnecessary .. i find myself not using it for anything more than the average.. internet, chat, email, occasional digital art and gaming.. so i feel it may be a wise move to sell the old thing and get a new macbook. i would be getting the 2.4.

So my questions would be-
    -Do you agree with my idea?
    -Is this a smart choice?
    -Are you thinking, "dude you got a f***ing macbook pro for free, why would you want to sell that sh**?!!"
    -And lastly, what would be the best way to go about selling a macbook pro...?

Thank you for reading
    -Paulsdub

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

dude, get the machine that does what you need/want it to do !

IF the the new MB's have features that you "need" or want, then go for it. IF having the latest/greatest counts in that area, then go for it. Otherwise stay with what ya got.......

One thing to consider, at least for some people, is how would the person(s) who gave you the machine feel about you selling it to get a new one ? Some may take offense to that, others may not......

As for selling it, you could:

A) Put up here on the marketplace
    B) List it on other bbs
    C) Advertise it in your local newspaper and/or trader mags
    D) List it on Cragislist
    E) List it on (fl)ebay

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

im thinkn dude! you got a blah blah lol. just keep it.the pro is far powerful than the new mb.

4. paulsdub thread starter macrumors newbie

Alas my dad. yeah that went through my head the first time i considered this. I think with a firm conversation on how this would benifet me it wouldnt be a problem. And of course, i would give all of the excess money to him.

5. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I agree with everyone else... if you need the power then get the power. However if you only would occasionally need some powerful programs then I would get the MacBook to save money. That's just my 2¢.

6. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

You already own the Macbook Pro? Seems like the wise choice is to keep what you have. The Pro machine will have a much longer life than a regular Macbook ... even a new one.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

This would be my take on it as well. Honestly, despite the attractive appearance of the new MB, the MBP is still a better machine - faster, better performance, and a far better screen. Keep it for a few years, when the tech of the rest will have caught up, and then get a MB. Or wait until the next upgrades, at least.
    Cheers