Questions on Selling Unlocked Verizon iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by defian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. defian macrumors newbie

Paid full price for a Verizon iPhone 7 Jet Black 128 GB directly online from Apple using the option to replace an iPhone associated with my existing number.

I have not yet opened nor activated the iPhone 7. Despite reading the Verizon thread, I don’t know for sure if I still qualify for the Verizon trade in promotion. Thus, I’m considering selling it and repurchasing from Verizon. If I were to sell the iPhone 7:

Is the iPhone 7 purchased from Apple permanently associated with my existing number preventing it from being sold? Will I get blacklisted by Apple?

If the buyer brings the iPhone in for service, do they need the original purchase receipt?

Would selling the iPhone 7 prevent me from purchasing and actually activating another iPhone 7 directly from Verizon?

Appreciate everyone's help!

2. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

There is no permanent association with your account in any way. When they activate the device it will be linked to their Apple ID account.
    You paid full price so you can do whatever you want with it. You'd still be eligible for any additional promotion with Verizon since you didn't sign a monthly payment agreement.

3. Kahsheh macrumors regular

When you ordered online via Apple, did you put in your Verizon account information? (I think you did).

4. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

Can't you just return it to Apple Store, or mail it back to Apple.com?

5. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28

Return to Apple. Purchase on VZW DPP and THAT qualifies you for the $650. Need to order/preorder by 9/30.

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I think the OP prefers selling because they can make a few hundred bucks right now on top of the MSRP versus just returning it and getting your money back.

7. defian thread starter macrumors newbie

When ordering from Apple, I did put in my Verizon account information. However, on the Verizon website, my number is still eligible to use purchase a phone.

Correct, I would prefer selling it not just to make some money, but also to make it available to someone else given the Jet Black shortage. Even though it's sealed in box, during the return, Apple would likely open it and it wouldn't be be immediately available for sale.