questions on sending my macbook in for repairs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shamguy4, Aug 18, 2009.

1. shamguy4 macrumors member

Well... today I decided to finally give 1800 apl-care a call. my battery dies really fast. like its a 2 hour battery and my mac is less than a year old.

they replaced it a few months a go but i still dont see the problem fixed.

Then there is the bigger issue. my sound sometimes lets out loud screeching static, which then freezes my mac and i have to hold the power button and restart.

This has only happened 3 times so im not such a complainer but i figured I should call. they said I could sent it in for repairs. but college starts and I need it.

so they said whenever i get chance I could sent it.

what will they give me? a replacement? a new one? fixed parts? how does it work?

And my macbook has NOT 1 SCRATCH... how do I know when I send it that it will come back the same way

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

They'll give you a work order number. Don't expect a temp machine. Potentially a replacement if it's decided it can't be fixed. It's a case-by-case thing really, just keep the communication open with them as much as you can. It could take them just a couple days, or potentially weeks. Just be aware of that.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's always a good idea to take photos of the case before putting it in for repairs, just in case (har har).

You will not get a temp machine to use. At my school, laptops are available for rent at $5/day.

The repair depends on the problem. They'll usually just replace the logic board (or whatever) and send it back, although I believe they have a policy that after three service calls the machine is replaced with a refurb.

Bear in mind that they have to be able to reproduce a problem before they can fix it, and if your problem has only happened three times it's unlikely that it will happen at all for them. However, since you're having problems now, I strongly suggest buying the extended warranty while you're still eligible.

4. Love macrumors 68000

Love

You can start a case number on apple.com/support