Questions on upgrading with Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, Apr 11, 2013.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I have a 4s now and I am still on my unlimited data package. if I use my upgrade when the new 5s comes out can I still keep my existing unlimited data plan? I have heard 2 different stories. one saying if you upgrade to a new 4G phone they make you go on one of the new allshare packages and also heard as long as you are just upgrading your phone and not changing anything within your plan you can stay on unlimited??:confused:

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

As far as I know if you use your upgrade than that will change you to the share everything plan. If you buy the phone at retail cost than you can stay with your unlimited plan.

3. keitarou macrumors 6502

If you use the upgrade, than you will lose unlimited data but can keep your existing plan with the tiered data plan. You don't have to go to share everything plan. But you must go to a corporate verizon store only to keep currently plan with tiered data. The only way to keep unlimited data is to buy the phone at full price and not be on contract.

4. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Unless you buy the phone at full retail cost you will loose your Unlimited Data plan. I just upgraded my iPhone 4 with Unlimited to an iPhone 5 and I lost my Unlimited data because I hadn't bought my phone completely outright. So if you are willing to spend the $500-600 outright then you can keep it.

5. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

If you buy it at full price and then activate it, you won't lose unlimited. If you upgrade to it at a subsidized price, you will lose it.