Questions re user interface

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pedregosa, Mar 17, 2015.

1. pedregosa macrumors member

I have a couple of questions about the Apple Watch user interface:

1. When the watch wakes with movement, does it always default to the actual watch screen, as opposed to the screen with all the little app icons? Or does it revert to the last screen that was live? Or something else?

2. As for the screen with all of the little app icons, can one hide the built-in apps that one doesn't plan to use? Or are all the built-in ones going to show on that screen?

If anyone has already figured out the answers, I'd be very grateful for the info!

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

1: I believe it always defaults to the clock face. It doesn't wake up to the 'app' you were using, like the iPhone currently does. I think there was an example of this behaviour in the onstage demo.

2: Although nobody knows for sure, I'd say it's fairly unlikely Apple will allow us to remove default apps.

3. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

It looks like the default apps will show but I assume you can move them around. I would possibly either move them to the outer ring if I do not want to use them or all to one side or the other. I'm sure that there will be many apps we play with for a few days and then dump once we are done with the novelty. That was true with the Pebble.

I think the battery life will also improve after the first few weeks for me because I will stop playing with it just messing around so much. I cannot imagine anyone creating a game that will keep me busy for long. If I want to play a game the phone is just fine.

4. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I thought I read somewhere you could set the Watch to display the app universe or the last app used rather than the watchface by default, but I can't find this referenced anywhere, so it might be my imagination.

5. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I'm with you on that, I could have sworn I heard something to this affect as well as changing the behavior of the double click.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

From an app-developer point of view, we are told to respond to the app pausing and resuming, so I assume you can make it return to the last app that was run (resuming).

7. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I thought if you double-tap the digital crown it goes back to the previous app (if I remember correctly).