Questions regarding Console & Keychain

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by aeiou11235, Mar 16, 2014.

1. aeiou11235 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have two questions regarding the Console application and another one regarding the keychain. I have to admit that I'm not a programmer, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm using the console and terminal correctly...

/// First the keychain:
    I've experienced problems with my Omnifocus-Sync (keeps asking me for Name & Password every time it syncs). I already erase the d the entries in the keychain and after re-entry at the next prompt manually added Omnifocus app to the allowed applications that have access to the key. Still: it keeps prompting me and asking for the name / password-combination of the WebDAV server that I'm using.

Question: I've found several similar posts on MacRumors forums regarding keychain problems, but before I take the next steps (messing around with the terminal as a non-programmer :/ ) I would like to ask if this is necessarily a keychain problem or if it might also be a server problem (by the WebDAV provider)? Or could it also be an Omnifocus-problem?

///Secondly Console:
    I've tried to find some kind of log-entry in the console describing the problem above (but couldnt find anything ... where would I find an entry for the problem above?). What I've found was a bit worrying nevertheless (or maybe not, who knows?). In the log-file of the console repeatedly this line is written (around 10 times per second!):

2:55:37 PM mdworker: (Warning) Import: Bad path:
    2:55:38 PM mdworker: (Warning) Import: Bad path:
    ... etc etc ...

... is this something to worry about?

/// Third Console:
    Apart from above mentioned line I've found frequently (about once every minute):

2:55:37 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (com.rosettastone.rosettastonedaemon[48968]) Exited with code: 1
    2:55:37 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (com.rosettastone.rosettastonedaemon) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

... what does this mean? I once had Rosetta Stone (the language learning application) installed on my computer but I've erased it. How can I kill this process? Where is com.rosettastone.rosettastonedaemon?

/// Thanks for your help!!!

aeiou

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

1. Dunno... sounds more like a problem with Omni. Maybe hit up their support forums for help with that one. I would not mess with Keychain from Terminal as you may break things.

2. This usually means Spotlight is unable to index a folder for some reason. Do you see a little triangle next to the entries like to the left of the 8 in my screenshot. Click that for more info and tell us what it says. It should tell you the offending file/folder.

[​IMG]

3. Open Terminal app from /Applications/Utilities and run the commands below one at a time followed by the enter key and that should kill the Rosetta process. Do a reboot afterward.

Code:
    sudo rm /Library/LaunchAgents/com.rosettastone.rosettastonedaemon.plist
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/RosettaStoneDaemon/

3. aeiou11235 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Weaselboy!

Thanks for the reply!!

Re 1) Okay: will contact Omnifocus about that then...

Re 2) No triangle... just lots of message lines... there are other logs with a triangle next to it, but not the one line that I've written down...

Re 3) thanks! just rebooted and it does not show up anymore...

that mdworker warning is weird. just checked once more after rebooting and i dont know how a normal log file looks like, but 99% of all messages in the log consist of that md worker warning :/

any idea what to do?

aeiou

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Do you happen to have any ExFAT formatted drives attached? I have read where Mavericks will try to index that drive and cause this error message.

5. aeiou11235 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! Genius! You were right!!! One of my external drives is ExFAT ... I unplugged and it stopped... many thanks!!! aeiou