Questions regarding the new MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dendummenumse, Oct 17, 2008.

1. dendummenumse macrumors newbie

Hey

I am currently very close to ordering a MacBook Pro. I still have a few questions regarding this type of notebook that I hope some people here could help answer.

First I read alot about heat issues with the old MacBook Pro, that they in some cases heated up to ~111 degrees, and I was wondering if such a problem is still prevalent in the new model?

Secondly, this is my first Mac and as a result I want to install a copy of windows onto the machine. Do people have any experiences on the compatibility? Are there many driver issues etc?

Third, how is the performance for 3d applications, games etc?

Thanks in advance.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm not sure I can address all of your queries but I'll answer those I can. Games I can't help you on, as I don't game on my own MBP.

Re Windows, those who use it on a Mac tend to use Bootcamp as well which allows users to use both Windows and OS, but separately; I chose a different route, for I bought Office for Mac thus negating the need for Windows.

Re the heat issue, it has been a problem, but not for everyone. At the moment, Apple deals with the problem on an individual (rather than a collective) basis. That's what warranties and Applecare are for.

Finally, I have no idea how the heat and nVidia issue will effect the new MBPs, you'll have to await reviews and buyer comments before we know the answer to that.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers and good luck