Questions regarding tomorrow's Iphone 4G Pre-Order Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quaterbyadime, Jun 14, 2010.

1. quaterbyadime macrumors newbie

I have a couple of question regarding the pre-order for the Iphone 4G tomorrow, hopefully someone can help me out so I can bite the bullet.

I'm not eligible for the upgrade price of the iphone 4g under my telephone line, but my wife is. We are both on a family plan with AT&T and we have no problem renewing the contract for another two years.

1)Would it be possible for my wife to purchase the iphone 4g on pre-order, and then end up just giving me the iphone so I can use it?

2)I realize that the iphone 4g uses a microsim card, and not the regular sim card I currently have on my blackberry. Is there any association with the microsim being pre-setup with her telephone # ? How would I get it to work with my number?

3)And if I do decide to sell the iphone to someone else in the future, again how does that affect the microsim card?

4)I currently have a blackberry with unlimited data, my wife has just a regular samsung solstice with no data plan. If she does the upgrade for the iphone to give to me, will AT&T charge her for a data plan even though she will not be using it with her number?

2. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

4)I currently have a blackberry with unlimited data, my wife has just a regular samsung solstice with no data plan. If she does the upgrade for the iphone to give to me, will AT&T charge her for a data plan even though she will not be using it with her number?[/QUOTE]

I believe that you can not swap around the phones. Since a blackberry will not function on a iphone data plan and a iphone will not function on a blackberry plan. Also that is how att keeps you in the contract you can not get rid of the data plan for two full years.. I believe that once you put your sim in the iphone it might change your data.. I am not sure i would need clarification from other forum members.

3. wsu108 macrumors newbie

I did it once, upgrading to a new iPhone 3GS and activated it at the other line of my family account. Mine is still 3G. My line renewed a 2 years plan while the other line in the family account didn't. However, I did it at ATT store, both lines were all iPhone 3G.

I am not sure about pre-order.

4. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Apple cancelled the iPhone 4, your troubles are over.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Please see our upgrade guide. All of your questions except #3 are answered there.

The micro-sim will have your account tied to it. You keep it. It is up to the purchaser to obtain a new sim from their carrier.

Please start using the search button as your questions have been answered MANY times over.

6. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

i don't know when the lady was messing with my account one day for me (back before "official MMS" ) and somehow were not on any data plan on our iphones for a whole month... so i don't see why they can't use her upgrade and just switch your sim into there. or change your sim to a micro one and keep her sim the same.
    :apple:K