iPad Pro Questions Regarding Using IPP 12.9 as a Tablet

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jaybar, Aug 6, 2017.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I plan to use my iPad Pro as a tablet I have no typing skill which means to finger hunt and peck. I rarely take my iPad out of the house and when I do, I have the Muzetto leather bag from sfbags. A great bag.

Currently I also have the Apple Smart Cover. I also have the Apple sleeve.

Questions:

Is there any reason to also have the ASK? I tried it for a few days and am ambivalent. Given my typing skill or lack of typing skill, I did not find the ASK led to any better typing for me. Am I missing something.

Will the Apple Leather sleeve give me any added value (protection) when using the IPP at home? For example, propping against my night table when done or am I better off just putting it back in my Muzetto leather bag? When I take the IPP out of the house, I plan to use my Muzetto bag. Is the sleeve overkill?
    '
    Can the Smart Cover prop up the iPad for movie watching ? Is there any benefit to the Smart Cover beyond movie watching?

Any suggestions for color of the Apple Smart Cover? Gold iPad, assuming there is a benefit to use one.

Lastly for movie watching, do you fold the Smart Cover so the leather side touches the surface you rest it on or the micro fiber side?

2. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

A benefit that you’d get from the keyboard is that you wouldn’t have the on-screen keyboard taking up half of your screen when you’re typing. Whether that’s worth $160 is up to you though as any external keyboard can give you that.

As for the sleeve, I don’t really know what benefit you’d be getting from it if you’re not taking it out of your house. Personally, I passed up on the sleeve as it felt like it would perminately stretch out if I used it with the ASK and it didn’t have anywhere for me to keep the charger or headphones. I ended up with a 3rd party sleeve.

And as for the Smart Cover, it can absolutely prop the iPad up for movie watching as well as anything else. I almost always have my iPad propped up for web browsing, email and watching videos. By design, the microfiber side of the Smart Cover touches the surface you’re resting on.

3. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

TMelon

Thank You. When you want to place your iPad on a surface,what do you use if you don't use a sleeve? At the end of the day,when you finish udkng it,what do you do?

4. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I have a thin back case on mine, so I don’t typically worry about it being scratched by whatever I’m laying it down on. At the end of the day I typically just lay it on my desk to charge.

5. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

TMelon

I don't have a back cover. I could put the iPad in my leather bag at night or give up on worrying about the back. When I charge it, I could just place it down on my bedroom counter without worrying. I'm not one who cares about a pristine iPad.

Alternatively I could keep the Apple leather sleeve and resist it on the soft surface when I charge it.

What sounds most reasonable?

6. David58117 macrumors 65816

Are you just interested in the leather sleeve to rest the iPad on?

I have the leather sleeve, but I take it out of the house, and usually just toss it in my backpack.

Have you considered the Logitech charging stand? It sounds like it will solve you worrying about where to place it when it charges, and your need to have it propped up.

I love mine - I keep it on the nightstand, there are magnets that guide it to the charging port (so when I'm sleepy I don't have to fumble with it), and to get it you just grab it, angle it towards you, and lift it towards you. It's pretty much where my iPad (12.9) lives when at home, and the Smart Cover and sleeve are kept on the stand. I also just keep a Bluetooth keyboard nearby..

It's kind of nice having an extra screen that I can play weather radar on or use to play podcasts, while the iPad is being charged.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitec...or-for-apple-ipad-pro/5341601.p?skuId=5341601