Questions to ask before jailbreaking my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rtrr999, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rtrr999 macrumors newbie

1. Will jailbreaking delete the apps and its data from before?
    2.Will jailbreaking slow down the ipod touch?
    3.Will jailbreaking cause the ipod touch to run out of batte quickly?
    4.Will jaibreaking cause the official apps to malfunction?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

What model touch do you have?

1. Depends on how you do it and what firmware you are running.
    2. Once again depends what you do with your jailbreak, if you load your device up with all the bells and whistles using heaps mobile substrate addons, tweaks and bulk theming you may well experience slow downs and crashes.
    3.Again depends on what you do with your jailbreak but in most cases it should not make much difference.
    4.Never had any problems myself.

3. rtrr999 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do i check the model of my itouch and thanks although its not specific enough.

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Hard to be specific without knowing what model you have and what version firmware you want to jailbreak.

Have a look under Settings\General\About and you will find your model and OS version.

5. rtrr999 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

OK, at present with an MC model with 3.1.3 loaded there is no jailbreak available. If you were on 3.1.2 you could have gone with a tethered jailbreak but there is no way to downgrade your MC back to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3.

Recently there have been a couple of new jailbreak exploits that are reported to work with an MC on 3.1.3 found by devs but none have gone public yet and although a release could be just around the corner they will most likely be held off until the next major OS update comes out so that Apple can not patch them before hand.

7. rtrr999 thread starter macrumors newbie