Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 3rdiguy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

These are my questions and you may speculate on them as you choose:
    If :apple:Watch is launched on 4/24, is the only actual difference between then and now just the words pre-order changing to Buy? So I cant order a watch at 12:01 on 4/24 and get in store pick up? How can it be advertised the the device will be available if others are waiting until June?

To MacRumors forum members:Should I just preorder now and then try on 4/24 and if successful just cancel my preorder?

2. parallax33 macrumors regular

It's available on the 24th but there is no stock, so you will need to wait until stock is replenished

3. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

If you want one you might as well try it on ASAP and preorder right away. Waiting until the 24th doesn't seem like it'll get you one sooner.

4. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Apple has very much dropped the ball on this.

It is no longer clear what "launched" means. No-one knows who, if anyone, will receive a watch on 24/4. Nor whether anyone will be able to buy or collect a watch on that date.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There is no in store pickup at this time. It looks like there will not be any :apple:Watches stocked in stores until all the preorders are fulfilled.

6. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Anything ordered online will absolutely be a first-in first-out basis.

Right now, it doesn't appear that there will be in-store stock initially. IF Apple does decide to include in-store stock for purchase, then you might get lucky by waiting in line for hours/days...

But no, you won't be able to order online on the 24th and get a watch sooner than everyone that was ordering them for the past 2 weeks...

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Simple and crystal clear, as long as some delivers (especially mine :D) are made on the 24th then it is launched.

9. shandyman Suspended

Bang on the money there. This launch is just revealing the stroppy children on here more than usual. :rolleyes: