Queueing up for 6s/6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memphismeal, Sep 20, 2015.

1. memphismeal macrumors newbie

memphismeal

Going to queue up in line at my local Apple Store Friday at about 6 a.m. I know this would be a waste of time to do this at a lot of other Apple stores. Fortunately the Memphis (Saddle Creek) store is not as busy as the others I've seen. I've gotten in line as late as 8:30 a.m and still was able to get a phone. I'm curious as to what other people's experiences are, what time do you get there, were you able to get the phone you wanted etc?

2. techiebug macrumors 6502a

The line in my area (southern California) was crazy. People usually started lining up around afternoon Thursday

3. auzzuro macrumors regular

any photo to show us ?

4. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

At any NYC store, if you can't line up at least 16 hours prior, don't even bother.

5. Granny_Smith macrumors member

Granny_Smith

and some of them are gonna be more like 24+ hours prior too

6. Bane-Thunder macrumors regular

I don't get why you don't just order online and get the phone sent to you at home? I'm getting mine 25th delivered to work.

7. Granny_Smith macrumors member

Granny_Smith

that's exactly what i did. I'll get it 9/25 without even leaving my apartment.

8. memphismeal thread starter macrumors newbie

memphismeal

Unfortunately I'm on a carrier employee acct. I can't order thru apples online site or even my carrier. Verizon to be exact. My options are to stand in line and buy outright or wait until November when the phone becomes available for employees.

9. striders macrumors 6502

Why not do reservation? I did this and received confirmation to pick up my phone on the launch day.

10. AFDoc macrumors 68030

When I bought my phone this wasn't an option.... When they do offer in store pick up I take it.

11. Bane-Thunder macrumors regular

You can buy Outright online that's what I'm doing. My current contract don't expire until next year and my current phone isn't tied to my contract as I sold the iPhone 6 Plus I originally got with my contract an got a normal 6 outright.

12. ljusmc macrumors member

I'm gonna take a shot and go around 7-8 AM at my local att store. The guy at the store says he doesn't expect a line but they'll have a very limited supply and I need a new phone so I'm gonna be cautious.

13. coachbrady79 macrumors member

14. coachbrady79 macrumors member

Nice

Attached Files: