Queueing Up

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by reub, May 13, 2007.

1. reub macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a few questions for those of you familiar with Apple's history of recent product releases:

1) Assuming new machines are announced, have they historically been available immediately? If not, is there ever a pre-order mechanism?

2) Assuming new machines are announced, and said to be available immediately, what is the quickest way to get one? I have access to a nearby apple store, but is it quicker to order online?

3) Is there typically enough pent-up demand that getting new models is difficult for a period of time? If so, any suggestions on dealing with this?

4) Are new product releases typically available immediately via other sales channels (i.e. amazon / best buy / etc)

Apology for any redundancy with other questions/threads. Thanks much. - reub

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If not available immediately, they are usually no more than a few weeks away.

Apple Store would be quickest but only stock models are available there. If you want to add RAM, bump the HD, upgrade video card, online is your only option.

Yes, Apple is historically bad at fulfilling initial demand.

Nope.