Queuing at carrier stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xprmntr, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

anyone with experience with this, can you share your thoughts?

2. double329 macrumors 6502

I was at ATT store last year for 6S Plus. I got the place around 7am where the store will open at 8am on a launch day. There were some people in line, just a little over 10 people. As I approached the line, the ATT rep ask what I was looking for? I told her 6S+, she immediately told me she had no 6S+. I went to work.... I also ask the lady at the same store today how likely I will get 7+ 128GB if I show up on launch day. She told me she has no clue. The store doesn't know what the are getting... Probably not till the day before. But, this might different from store to store and the geographic location.

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Because of our weird business agreement with ATT I generally line up at ATT BM. Normally around 2AM - always got what I wanted. Generally very low supply. Don't count on Jet Black.

4. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

I used to line up at the ATT store each year and had no problem getting the phone that i wanted. However the year the 5 came out, I ended up with white in the 64g size (the last one) after waiting about 3/4 hours. I now just order online and have had no problem getting the phone I want on the first day. I normally call and have my phone held at the UPS terminal and pick up around 830am. Much easier for me now versus waiting in line and not being sure you will get exactly what you want.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Don't trust carrier stores. popular models are never available.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

queue up early, always far less product available.

8. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I waited for 14 hours at my att store. There was over 100 people I was number 6. The store wouldn't tell us how many phones they had they just said they would have enough. Well the guy in front of me decided right before the store opened that his whole family of six could get in line with him to get 7 iPhone plus units total! Turns out the store only had 15 plus units so he was going to get the last of them. People were pissed! The store manager was a joke and said if we didn't calm down he would call the police which he did,luckily the cops were really cool and actually questioned him and his family while people were getting pulled in to get the phones however they only had 16GB phones,which no one wanted. So it was a waste of a night but the crowd was super nice. A heard some stores gave out tickets so people that got there the day before launch knew they had the phones. Sounds like my store I went to just was a joke.

9. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

My store told me it was a security risk to hand out tickets for iPhone before opening. Then people knew what iPhones they had... duh!

10. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I don't buy it. People already know there's phones in there,why not just break in to get whatever they have.

11. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

That is why I am saying. Just what manager told me. Probably just there cover to be lazy and unorganized.

12. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I agree totally.

13. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than waste 14hours waiting in a line for a cell phone?

14. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Obviously not,Why do you care what I do with my time? Maybe I like the atmosphere of hanging around other people that are just as die hard apple fans as I am?

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I'm not afraid to chat up strangers, so standing in line for me was a social affair. Haven't done that in a while though because of the convenience of preordering.

16. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Yea,its just a fun relaxing atmosphere.