Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackosx

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hi guys, just a quick question about the 2.1 firmware, will this firmware version fix the iPhone 3G cracking issues. I have hairline cracks all over my phone... will this new firmware fix them.

kthxbye.

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
Yes it will fix ALL the problems your having. I mean fix EVERYTHING. :rolleyes: Alternatively return your cracked iPhone to Apple for a replacement.

TheJoker

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
Near Oxford, UK
Actually, it won't fix the cracks. Steve Jobs doesn't discuss future enhancements, but at the moment Stev-o is aware of the cracks and think that they are part of the iPhone charisma. If you continue to question Steve's decisions Apple Inc will send out a seize and desist order.

Don't question Steve's authority!

:rolleyes: :eek: :p

jackosx

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Yes it will fix ALL the problems your having. I mean fix EVERYTHING. :rolleyes: Alternatively return your cracked iPhone to Apple for a replacement.

On a serious note, I will be returning for my 3rd iPhone 3G this weekend, the plastic sides have expanded from the front bezel and also several cracks have formed around the volume control, this phone has been in a case since I picked up from the Apple store.

I much preferred the aluminum back, it had a much more quality feel about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.