Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcmofo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
New York
I have searched for this answer on here and google etc. but have not been able to figure out the answer.

If I buy a new MBP from, lets say, macmall.com, then something happens to it, it has a dead pixel, the hard drive dies etc etc, what would I do next? Could I take it to the apple store to solve any problem or would I have to go through the place I bought it?

I dont have the MBP yet, I am trying to avoid almost 200$ in taxes that the apple store would charge me. Just trying to figure out if there is a downside to buying from a third party.

jeffmc

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
I have searched for this answer on here and google etc. but have not been able to figure out the answer.

If I buy a new MBP from, lets say, macmall.com, then something happens to it, it has a dead pixel, the hard drive dies etc etc, what would I do next? Could I take it to the apple store to solve any problem or would I have to go through the place I bought it?

I dont have the MBP yet, I am trying to avoid almost 200$ in taxes that the apple store would charge me. Just trying to figure out if there is a downside to buying from a third party.

any apple product is covered by apple.

meaning if you buy a MBP at best buy, don't buy their protection plan cause you go to the apple store to get support anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.