Quick battery question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dengar169, Nov 28, 2008.

1. dengar169 macrumors member

So I just purchased a Alu Macbook (macconnection.com - Black Friday sales + no CA sales tax = awesome!).

I've browsed through the forum reading about calibrating my battery and so forth. So my question is, when I first get my laptop, is it best to start the calibrating right out of the box? Or do I drain what ever battery is available right out of the box?

I only ask this because I previously tortured my ol PB g4 to the point where it only had 5 mins of battery life. So I want to make sure to treat my new baby with care.

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You need to plug it in first thing before you turn it on, and leave it plugged in until it charges all the way... Then, if you want to calibrate it, follow these steps:
    1) after fully charged, leave it plugged in for a couple of hours.
    2) run the battery down all the way, do NOT put computer to sleep, let it do that on its own (it will save your session)
    2) let it sit dead for 5 hours, then plug it in without turning it on and let it fully charge.

I will try to do this once a month with my battery and the rest of the time i leave it mostly plugged in.