Quick Bluetooth/WiFi toggle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abyssgh0st, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Do not tell me to jailbrake and get SMSettings, or Bossprefs. Been there done that. Boss prefs was nice in the drop down, but I am no longer jailbroken, nor will I ever be again. So does anyone know of a paid or free bluetooth or wifi toggle app in the app store?

Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, apps in the appstore are not allowed to provide that kind of function I believe.
    Maybe after 3.0 is released.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I'm not sure Apple even allows access to turn these on and off through the SDK.

4. wfiphone macrumors member

Don't think so. From my understanding Bluetooth is limited until 3.0

Why didn't you like jail breaking?

5. Untaken macrumors member

I love when people ask for an app that already exists for jailbroken phones but then very clearly state that they will NEVER jailbreak, especially when it's an app that couldn't exist on the App Store to begin with.

Anyway, in answer to your question, no there is not currently a NON-jailbroken way of doing what you ask. Maybe when Apple grows up and lifts some of their stupid restrictions, though.

6. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Mainly because of the constant crashing, my phone getting stuck in a perpetual cycle of restarting itself, freezing when unlocking, then restarting again. It got really old. And I hated having to use a USB hub that I had to borrow from Best buy just to rejailbreak for firmware updates.

I also wanted to set up my developer account and use 3.0 beta.

EDIT: Poster above; I will not jailbreak again because I don't want some glitchy **** software on a device that I need to be constantly working. I loved being jailbroken at first, and then grew to hate it.

7. Untaken macrumors member

Jailbreaking itself is not what's causing those issues. If you install buggy crap like IntelliScreen or, well ANYTHING from Ripdev then yes you will have problems. But how about this; jailbreak again and make sure to install JUST Cydia (not Installer or Icy), then using Cydia, install JUST SBSettings and any toggles you need and then use SBSettings to hide the Cydia icon. There ya go, a 99% stock phone with the one and only jailbreak app you need. :D

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    I dont have any probs with cydia and a few other non-apple approved apps.

9. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

The only apps I had installed were: Cycorder, Clippy, SBSettings, Winterboard, iBlacklist, Quake, and Macman.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I got videorecorder3G, PdaNet,Clippy, SBSettings, Winterboard,aptbackup,Logome and ibluetooth with no issues at all for over 2 months now.

11. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Welcome to my life. I've wanted this feature since the launch of the iPhone 3G. I'm frankly disappointed that Apple didn't show it or release it in the beta of 3.0.